Monday, April 25, 2011

The First Day...

Of the rest of my life.

Two things happened today that are (what I hope to be) defining moments of my career.

1) I had an interview with Wentzville School District.  I won't go into it too much, but I do want to say I am fairly confident in my interview.  I could have done some things better, especially something that a former teacher told me to do, which is to include real examples of how I teach.  I included some information about using Google Maps to do really neat things, and this idea for a wiki for my US History kids, which I'll flesh out in another blog post, but there were a few where I felt myself slipping into education jargon.

2) I submitted my portfolio and action research paper.  These are intertwined, specifically since I was waiting to finish my paper to submit my portfolio, but my paper has been the focus of my internship.  I researched various vocabulary acquisition methods, and I think I definitely want to include options for my students when they get vocab in my classes.  At the end of this week, I am giving a presentation on my paper up at Truman, along with the other secondary social studies teachers, and I'm interested to see what they've come up with.

Anyway, I'm off to explore more!

No comments:

Post a Comment