Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Start of Something

This past weekend has been a true whirlwind of experiences.  I've explored lots of what Google Apps has to offer, but the more I read, the more I realize just how little I know.  I already have some awesome ideas for how I can implement some apps into my classroom, and it energizes me for the next year.

Some other cool things I've learned about and I thought I'd share for anyone who is also starting out:

LiveBinder: This allows you to put websites in "binders" and add comments to the pages.  This is a great resource for bookmarking and sorting pages, but I can also see myself using portfolio assessments using this.  You can add videos, PDFs, and more.

Alltop: Think of this as a collection of really popular blogs, and you get to customize it.  You can aggregate these blogs individually, or you can put it on your Alltop, and then share your Alltop with others.

I've used these two resources heavily this weekend, helping me keep all the cool websites and blogs in order, and I can't wait to dig in this summer and start planning some awesome things for my students.  Now if only I can get a job!

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment